Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Playing Sports in College



Now I know what you're thinking, if you play a sport and you are able to play it in college why not! Well, I think differently due to recent history with sports and school for me. In high school I played baseball and basketball. For some reason i found it really hard to balance baseball and basketball and school work. So i had to quit. Once I had quit my grades were really good and I loved it. I always got my work done no matter what. I took sophomore year off from sports to keep up the good grades and then gave it one more shot during junior year. Junior year is the hardest year in high school and i was dumb for even trying. My grades slipped from a b average to a d average and that was not cutting it. So yet again I quit and I decided to just worry about school work and got my grades back up and had a successful high school career. That is the reason to why I do not want to risk getting bad grades for sports. No offense to people who do play sports but I’m already horrible at managing my time why would I add on more time taken up by sports. Now I am supposed to think of ways I can think about this problem critically but the thing is, I already thought about this problem a lot and I made my decision not to play any sports for Southern Connecticut State University. When I was thinking on what I should do I said that maybe I could try to do it just once and really try to focus and get all my work done because I really wanted to play sports still because I love it but I didn’t want to even put my self in the position to fail or get bad grades. I will however play intramurals for fun because I still want to play the sport but with not as much commitment as school organized sports. With that being said, I will only play intramural sports at Southern and not play regular school sports. 

4 comments:

  1. Time management in sports is very important! I think that it was smart of you to not try to put too much on your plate for your first year. Playing intramural sports is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mark this is really good and informative thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Mark! I really wish you would use paragraph though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally made the same choice as you did. I decided to take a year off from football in order to make sure I am keeping up with my school work while also working a part time job

    ReplyDelete