Monday, September 30, 2013

What's Work?


My life is going to seem boring because this weekend, I didn’t do really anything new to me. If I were to talk about something it would probably be about how I got my old job back because I quit for college and I worked this Saturday because I'm running low on money and I need to start working to get money. So on Saturday I went to work at 7 AM and as always my boss doesn’t show up till 730 and I lose five dollars because of him. Then I worked, during work I did a whole bunch of things different at work. At work it was only me and my friend Vito who got the job a few weeks ago because of me. I was sort of the boss of him which was weird, my boss told me to tell him what to do I should know by now what needs to be done so I gave him stuff to do and not to be mean it felt good though. I also was moving lumber across the shop and that was fun. After that I spent my time cutting metal bracket holders and I never used a saw there before because when I worked for them I was under 18 so I couldn’t touch the machines because I wasn’t an adult. If you know what a metal cutter does it basically heats up the metal with a blade with metal on it and sparks fly everywhere. At first it was scary because sometimes a spark would hit my arm and it would hurt. But after a while I got the hang of it I was doing pretty well with cutting. I think I probably cut 300 before I broke the blade by going down too fast. That was scary because the metal actually goes through the blade and almost spirals around it. I then had my boss replace the blade and after about 20 cuts with that, I broke the blade again. I gave up after because I only had about 3 more pieces to cut so I didn’t cut those it wasn’t a big deal. After that I spent the rest of the day I was sorting out metal brackets which was annoying because they are all different some how and I could never find out where I have to put them and they give me a headache. After that I got ready to leave and did so clocking out and leaving. Going to work isn’t new its just been a while which is why I started to write about me going to work but at work I did new things I’ve never done before. I'm happy to be working again now though because I’ve been spending a lot of money on stuff and I need an income so I can keep spotify. I also need money because its always good if you have some money in your pocket just incase you need something. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment