Monday, September 16, 2013

"If you ain't first your last"



This quote is from Will Ferrell who played Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, a movie that is one of my favorite movies all time. Now I know Ricky Bobby was dumb in that movie or he at least acted like it I still think that this quote should really be taken to heart here. I think the only way you should act towards a goal is to say that if your not first your last. If you do that you’re basically ruling out any other outcome other than success. We all know that there are other places to be in like 2nd or 3rd etc.  But when you set a goal you want to achieve it and be 1st and nowhere else. Or when you are in a competition or a race you want to be first and you just don’t feel as good as you would if you got second. Granted sometimes not being first still isn’t really a bad thing like in my DECA competition I didn’t win 1st place in states I lost to two girls from my school who we trash talked constantly saying that we would beat them. I got 2nd place in states but we did end up beating them there. And we also didn’t get first place in nationals we got 12th. Even though we didn’t get 1st place we still got 12th place out of a lot of countries like, all of North America, China, some countries in Europe and Japan. That is still pretty good but its not as good as if we won first out of all them. I know what your thinking I talk about DECA a lot I'm sorry it was just the best time in my high school career and I had so much fun with it. This quote is how I try to keep living my life at anything I always want to be at the top of everything. Weather its school, sports, and work. I always want to win and even in life. I want to be successful in my life and I do not want to settle for anything other than successful because to me, that is coming in first place. I want to live comfortably with a family a beautiful wife and kids and I want to not have any worry with money or bills I want to have enough money I need to live off of and have fun while I am doing it. With all that being said I hope to come in first in college and graduate with the best degree I can and start my chicken wing truck and be successful with my truck. That is my life plan and I encourage you to use this quote as a guide for your life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment